July 20, 2020
Greetings from SKCDC,
We are so pleased to have children and families back in our centers and home visiting program.
As we return to regular operations, we continue to adapt our approach in order to maintain the highest level of safety for children, families and staff.
· Car Seat Distribution: The car seat program has resumed operation, with enhanced safety/health protocols. Families may call 207-582-3110 x 119 to schedule an appointment
· Home Based HS/EHS: Home based programming will begin driveway and community visits on 8.3.20.
· Child Care Subsidy: For children in full day classes supported with a childcare subsidy or private rate, fees will be charged beginning 7.20.20. All standard childcare subsidy rules and expectations will be in place as of this date.
· Enrollment: As center based programming begins, class sizes will be limited. We will start with 10 children in preschool classrooms and 6 in infant/toddler classrooms. As we build capacity to safely serve additional children, classroom enrollment will increase.
· As local school districts prepare plans to serve children in the fall, SKCDC will be working together with our public school partners to collaboratively serve children and families.
· All staff will continue to receive training and technical assistance regarding health, safety and program operations.
The COVID-19 pandemic is a challenging and fluid situation. Federal, state and local orders and guidance may change frequently. SKCDC will continue to communicate with parents and guardians if changes to this procedure are required.
posted on July 20, 2020